Effective: January 25, 2021
Professionally Ridiculous LLC, a Washington limited liability company ("we," “our,” and their derivatives) provides websites, including ridiculous.pro, ridiculous.cloud, chronologist.app and their subdomains (collectively, the “Websites"), apps, including Chronologist (collectively, the “Apps,” and each, an “App"), and other online services (collectively, with the Websites and the Apps, the “Services").
By using the Services, you are confirming that you understand English well enough to understand this Policy. Should you have questions about this Policy, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com, so we can clarify and address your questions.
2. How do we process Children’s Personal Information?
The Services are not designed for Children, and we do not intentionally or knowingly collect, use, store, disclose, or otherwise process any Personal Information from Children. A “Child” is a person under 18 years old. If you are a parent or guardian of a Child who has submitted Personal Information, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What types of Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect different types of information from you depending on how you use the Services, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, Internet Protocol address, online identifiers such as a user ID, device identifiers, device make and model, and purchase receipts from app stores such as Apple App Store and Google Play.
- When you subscribe to the Pro version of the App, we may collect information from the content that you share in the App such as textual or audiovisual content you share in timeline entries, or the location information associated with timeline entries.
- We may collect information that you send to us directly when you contact us or report a problem with the Services.
We may also collect information that does not generally identify you but may become associated with your account. We may use information that does not identify you for any permissible business purpose under applicable law.
4. From what sources do we collect Personal Information?
Directly from You
We may collect your Personal Information when you provide it to us directly. For example:
- When you subscribe to the Pro version of the App, we may collect your email address and the information from the content that you share in the App such as textual or audiovisual content you share in timeline entries, or the location information associated with timeline entries.
- When you complete the interest form on the Websites, we may collect your email address.
- If you choose to provide your email address and first and last name when using the App, we may collect that information provided.
- When you contact us or report a problem with the Services, we may collect records and copies of your correspondence.
From Third Parties
We may receive your Personal Information from or through third parties that help us provide or facilitate your access to the Services. For example, if you choose to link your Apple or Google account to the App, we may collect your email address and first and last name provided by Apple or Google. By way of another example, when you make in-App purchases, Apple or Google may provide us with your purchase receipts from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
We abide by this Policy when we use Personal Information provided to us by third parties. However, we do not control the Personal Information that third parties collect or how they use that Personal Information. You should review the third parties' privacy policies for more information about how they collect, use, and share the Personal Information they collect and use.
Automatically from You
We and third parties may collect your Personal Information automatically as you use the Services. For more information about our and third parties' use of automatic data collection technologies and certain choices you may have with respect to them, please see Section 5 below.
We may generate a random user ID and device ID to provide the App to you.
5. How do we and third parties use automatic data collection technologies?
Our Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect your Personal Information such as your Internet Protocol address and device make and model to help us improve the App.
Third Parties' Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Choices About Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As discussed above, we and third parties such as Unity Ads may use automatic data collection technologies to collect your Personal Information. Please click here for information on how you may be able to opt out of such collection.
6. For what purposes do we collect your Personal Information?
- To provide or improve the Services – We may use your Personal Information to process your requests to access the Services and certain of their features and to generally present and improve the Services. For example, we may use your Internet Protocol address and device make and model to improve the App. By way of another example, we may use your purchase receipts from the Apple App Store and Google Play to validate ownership of and subscriptions for in-App purchases.
- To administer the Services – We may use your Personal Information for any lawful business purpose in connection with administering the Services. For example, if you reach out to us with a customer service inquiry, we may use your Personal Information to respond to you or to troubleshoot a problem you reported having with the Services. By way of another example, we may use your email address and user ID to authenticate you for use of the Services.
- To market the Services – We may use your Personal Information such as your email address and first and last name to market the Services to you. For example, when you complete an interest form on the Websites or otherwise provide consent, we may send you news and updates about our products and the Services.
- In connection with a sale or other transfer of our business – In the event all or some of our assets are sold, assigned, or transferred to or acquired by another company due to a sale, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, financing, bankruptcy, or otherwise, your Personal Information may be among the transferred assets.
- As we may describe to you when collecting your Personal Information – There may be other situations when we collect your Personal Information and simultaneously describe the purpose for that collection.
We only collect, use, or store your Personal Information if:
- You voluntarily provide it to us with your specific, informed, and unambiguous consent (for example, when you complete an interest form on the Websites);
- It is necessary to provide you with a Service that you have requested (for example, providing you access to the App);
- We have a legitimate business interest that is not outweighed by your privacy rights (for example, to provide customer service); or
- It is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others (for example, we may collect or share Personal Information where necessary to resolve an urgent medical situation or protect the health or safety of one of our users or someone else).
7. In what situations do we disclose your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To RevenueCat, a backend service for cross-platform in-app purchases and subscriptions, to which we may disclose your user ID and purchase receipts from the Apple App Store and Google Play;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To our lawyers, consultants, accountants, business advisors, and similar third parties who owe us duties of confidentiality;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us pertaining to the users of the Services is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, such as responding to a government or regulatory request;
- To enforce any contract we may have in effect with you;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others; and
- If you have consented to such a disclosure.
8. How do we treat Personal Information transferred to the U.S.?
Place of Business
We may store or process your Personal Information outside of the country where we collect the information or the country in which you reside. Our primary place of business is in the United States of America. You should understand that we may transfer some or all of your Personal Information to the United States of America to carry out certain operational and processing needs as described in this Policy.
When transferring Personal Information out of foreign territories such as the European Union, we implement technical, organizational, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We use European Commission approved standard contractual clauses and implement related measures required by applicable law. Please contact us if you have questions related to the relevant transfer mechanism for your Personal Information.
9. How is my Personal Information protected?
Our Retention, Purpose Limitation, and Security Policies
We protect your Personal Information through a combination of collection, security, and retention policies.
- Purpose limitation. We will use your Personal Information only for the Services you choose to access and for the purposes for which you choose to share it. We will respect your requests to start or stop processing your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as well as the types of marketing messages you may wish to receive.
- Security measures. We use appropriate measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk involved and have implemented contractual, technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. As part of our privacy compliance processes, we review these security procedures on an ongoing basis to consider new technology and methods as necessary. However, please understand that our implementation of security measures as described in this Policy does not guarantee the security of your Personal Information. In the event of a security breach, we will notify the proper regulatory authorities and any affected users of the breach within 72 hours after we become aware of the breach.
10. What rights do you have to your Personal Information?
Right to Access, Correct, Delete, or Restrict Processing
Subject to any limitations and exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information and exercise the following rights:
- You have the right to correct or update certain types of Personal Information. In many cases, you can review or update your account information by accessing your account online.
- You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information. If you choose to have your Personal Information removed from the Services, we will carry out your request within 30 days of account verification, subject to extension, and we will only retain minimal Personal Information to document your request and the actions we took to carry out your request.
- You have the right to restrict certain processing of your Personal Information and the right to object to some types of processing of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, including objecting to your Personal Information being used for marketing or advertising purposes.
We will comply with your requests in accordance with, and subject to, applicable law. For example, we are not required to delete your Personal Information if we have an overriding legitimate ground for retaining that information, such as to prevent fraud. Please note that we are legally prohibited from carrying out requested actions in some instances, including (1) when we are unable to confirm your identity, (2) where the request is considered excessive, and (3) where doing so would adversely affect the rights or freedoms of other individuals.
We Are Here to Help
Please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Privacy Rights Request” if you would like to exercise any of the rights described above or if you have questions regarding your rights.
Right to Complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our collection, storage, or processing of your Personal Information with a data protection supervisory authority in the country where you live or work.
11. Additional Notice for California Residents
The following applies to California residents pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act: we do not track users of the Services over time and across third party websites or online services and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We are not aware of any third party that tracks users of the Services over time and across third party websites or online services.
12. How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time consistent with applicable law. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement in the App or the homepages of the Services, or sending you an email notification).
13. How can someone contact us?
If you have questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a law enforcement agency, please email us at email@example.com with your request for Personal Information with the subject line “Law Enforcement Request.”